Friday, December 21, 2012

iPads in the classroom

So now that we have 3 iPads, puchased from the mathethon money that we raised, we need to explore how we will use them within our classroom programmes. This will then see a roll out of more iPads within our school.

Here is a great link http://www.vln.school.nz/pages/revision/122278 on using iPads in the class. The title states for juniors but I am sure we can get helpful ideas for across the whole school.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcelle
    You had an amazingly successful 2012!
    the influence you personally made to your professional colleagues was inspirational! You model sound teaching practice and now you are modelling pedagogy that blends e-learning so seamlessly! I am in awe of how easily you manage to trial and refine your practice using new devices in so many exciting ways for the learners in your class.
    I agree with your comments about the importance of purpose. This is highlighted by the comments of the writer in the reading you selected, when she says that not all curriculum requires an e-learning device all the time! You are clearly very aware for the importance of a specific purpose when implementing e-learning tools into your programme.

    I am interested in how you directly attribute the use of twitter to improved outcomes in writing? I also look forward to hearing about how this tool continues to be a 'hook' for your learners in 2013.

    The growth in leadership among your class was really evident. They were always willing to collaborate; sharing their skills, teaching others, as well as learning alongside and from others. This is an exciting aspect of your particular style of teaching that promotes sound reflection and distillation of understandings for use across many contexts when promoted effectively!

    The 'reading' you added into this post is a well structured teacher inquiry approach! It is also packed full of great ideas and solutions that we are yet to encounter fully. In particular, I really like the practical idea of purpose built storage units for devices to be charged up as well as locked securely away!

    I can't wait to see what unfolds for you in 2013! Have an awesome year.

    Myra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra,

      Thank you for your comment! I believe that positive modeling to both colleagues and children, of integrating E-Learning tools is an important and effective way to pass on the knowledge and "excitement".
      I am excited to use twitter again this year to motivate and improve writing skills. I know my class was motivated and my overall teacher judgement tells me that their writing skills improves, I just wonder how I can provide evidence - I guess their tweets are evidence!

      Roll on a great 2013!

      Marcelle

      Delete